Temples & Religious Places
1. Shri Siddharoodha Swamy Math
The great saint was known for his simple living and high thinking. His Only property was Langota, a mud vessel and a ragged piece of cloth (ragati) Kowdi of swamy siddhrudha is of special significance and signified his simple living. He preached oneness of all religions and equality of all human beings.
2. Chandramouleshwara Temple
Chandramouleshwar Temple is very near Unkal circle and Unkal Lake.
Chandramouleshwar is a 900-year-old temple from the Badami Chalukyan era. It was built on the lines of Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal temples, is a Monument of National Importance, and is designated as a Protected Monument under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites (Act (1958)) by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
3. Gali Durgamma Temple
There is a belief that one’s wishes will come true after performing puja at the temple. It has been a practice for devotees to seek the blessings of Gali Durgamma for their animals, which are subsequently sacrificed.
4. Banashankari Temple
It is an ancient temple dedicated to Banashankari.
Amargol is located in between Dharwad and Hubli, about 9 km from Hubli city centre and adjacent to Navanagar. Banashankari Temple at Amargol is 4 km from Unkal lake and Chandramouleshwara Temple Hubli. Near to the Banashankari Temple at Amargol there is a temple of Shankarlinga built by Jakkanacharya.
5. Someshwara Temple
The beautiful temple of Someshwara lies in the Lakshmeshwara temple which falls under the Gadag district of Karnataka. Lakshmeshwara is an agricultural town. The town has the beautiful Someswhara temple. Other places of interest are the Jamma Masjid, the dargah, the shrine of Mukha Basavanna and a very big idol of Suryanarayana. Out of all these important places, the Someshwara temple is the one that catches one’s attention.
The main crops grown here are rice, ragi, jowar, maize, and pulses (Tur and gram) besides oilseeds and number of cash crops. Cashews, coconut, arecanut, cardamom, chillies, cotton, sugarcane and tobacco are among the other crops produced in the state.
Offices & Industries
Hubli is the commercial hub of Karnataka. It has a wide cluster of industries and has more than a lakh small and medium industries. The Government of India has set up a Software Technology park of India on Pune–Bangalore Road and Aryabhata Tech Park in Navanagar region of Hubli.
The establishment of a new-generation diesel locomotive shed in the city by Indian Railways was another major boost for development of industries in this region, as it was first of its kind in Indian Railways history. The diesel locomotive shed at Hubli is the largest holder of EMD locomotives in India and was set up in 1880.
The agricultural produce market of Hubli at Amargol is one of the largest markets in Asia and the cotton market of Hubli is among the largest in India.
Wallace Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. has established its manufacturing unit at Dharwad, near Hubli.
1. MR Sakhare English Medium School
Address: BVB Campus,Near prerna PU collage,Vidya Nagar, Hubli, Karnataka 580031
Phone: 0836 237 2080
Address: St Antony School Bus Stop, Vidya Nagar, Hubli, Karnataka 580031
Phone: 0836 237 4079
3. Chetan Public School
Address: Chetan Public School Akshay Nagar Hubli Karnataka India, Hubballi, Karnataka 580021
Phone: 0836 200 0040
4. Shantiniketan English Medium School
Address: Beside KEB, Ghantikeri, Dharwad District, Hubli, Karnataka 580028
Phone: 0836 221 6876
5. Bright English Medium School
Address: Bhavsar Building,Behind Timmasagar Temple, Hosur – Unkal Bypass Rd, Kallur Layout, Hubballi, Karnataka 580021
Phone: 0836 237 0154
1. PC Jabin College
Address: Hubli Dhawad Highway (SH-73), Vidya Nagar, Hubali-Dharwad, Karnataka 580031
Phone: 0836 237 2285
Address: 567, Akshay Colony, 4th Phase, Vidyanagar, Hubli, Karnataka 580021
Phone: 094806 14522
3. Nehru Arts, Science and Commerce College
Address: Ghantekeri, Hubali-Dharwad, Karnataka 580028
Phone: 0836 236 4095
4. Jagadguru Gangadhar College Of Commerce
Address: Vidyanagar, Hubballi, 580021
Phone: 0836 237 0435
5. H E Science, Commerce & Arts P U College
Address: Byahatti Building, Vidyanagar Road, Near Police Station, Vidyanagar, Hubli, Karnataka 580031
Phone: 0836 237 2899
1. Dharwad Festival is the most important cultural festival conducted in the twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad. This is a day long festival of Hindustani music concert held annually in the month of November- December. The major highlights of the festival include music and dance performance, theater arts, janapada and painting etc.
3. Festival of Mahashivaratri is the most important festival for the millions of devotees of Lord Shiva.Lord Shiv is Mukteswar (one who gives liberation) and Papkateswar (reliever of sins). He is Ashutos (quickly and easy to please).
4. Myriad colors of the blossoming flowers coupled with the tender green leaves, the melodious chirping of the birds, and an aura of romance and merriment marks the advent of the season of spring or Vasant.
5. Krishna Janmashtami, also known simply as Janmashtami or Gokulashtami, is an annual Hindu festival that celebrates the birth of Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu. It is observed according to Hindu luni-solar calendar, on the eighth day (Ashtami) of the Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) in the month of Shraavana of the Hindu Calendar, which overlaps with August and September of the Gregorian calendar.
1. Shri Siddharoodha Swamy Math
Shri Siddharudha Swami (March 26, 1836 – August 21, 1929) was an Indian Hindu mystic of the Advaita Vedanta stream. He led a nomadic existence in Karnataka State in South-West India.
The deity is said to be idolised in Nuggikeri village by a senior-member of the Nuggikeri village belonging to the Nuggikeri Desai family The pratishtapana of the Lord balabheema was done by his holiness Sri Vyasatirtha (the chief saint in the court of Sri krishnadevaraya of Hampi ). Devotees come from different regions to this temple. Due to Vishesha Divasa on Saturday for Hanuman this place is crowded.
3. Unkal Lake
This lakefront space with a lot of greenery is popular for walking, jogging, boating & picnicking.
4. Kargill Sthupa
Stupa built as a memorial to soldiers who laid down their lives during the Kargil operation in 1999.
The South Western Railway is one of the 16 railway zones in India.
It is headquartered at Hubballi and comprises 3 divisions namely Hubballi, Mysuru, and Bengaluru.
Hubballi Airport (IATA: HBX, ICAO: VOHB) serves the twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad in the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on Gokul Road, 8 kilometres west of Hubli and 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Dharwad. The airport has flights to Bangalore by Alliance Air and Bangalore and Mumbai by Air India as of Dec 2017.
National Highway 67 (NH 67), (previously National Highway 63), is a major National Highway in India. It starts at the junction of NH 48 near Hubli of Karnataka.
1. During ancient times, the historic town of Hubli was known by the names Raya Hubli and Elaya Puravada Halli.
2. The city endowed with numerous monuments and monasteries is also renowned for its handloom textile industry with several cotton ginning and processing mills.
4. Iskcon Temple is located in large area in a small Hillock. Very well maintained and beautiful garden. Located between Hubli and Dharwad. Divine place to visit. During Festival temple is decorated very beautifully.
5. It is Educational hub of North Karnataka.
6. A new IIT is proposed to be constructed in Dharwad.
Important Contacts Nos.
Police Control Room- 100
Fire Brigade- 101